Portuguese Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast RecipesFri, Oct 2, 2015
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- Add oil to large frying pan, enough to sauté the onions. Heat to medium high heat.
- Cut the onions in quarters then slice the quarters. Add the onions to hot frying pan and sauté until softened.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes then add to the softened onions. Cook until tomatoes are tender. (See the 2nd picture).
- Beat the eggs with the hot sauce, salt and pepper then add to the frying pan, stirring to blend with the tomatoes & onions.
- Let cook slightly, then gently scramble until eggs are cooked. I like large pieces of egg when I scramble.
- Note: Serve with potatoes that have been boiled. Slice the unpeeled potatoes into 1/2" slices and boil until tender with 3 whole garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper flakes.