Gorete's Portuguese Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Posted in: BreakfastFri, Oct 2, 2015
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 13492 - Comments 0
Portuguese scrambled eggs is an easy and inexpensive meal that is also flavorful.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
12 large eggs2 large onions, quartered and sliced3 cups of peeled ripe tomatoes, diced1 teaspoon of hot sauce (or to taste)Salt and pepper, to tasteOlive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Add oil to large frying pan, enough to sauté the onions. Heat to medium high heat.
- Cut the onions in quarters then slice the quarters. Add the onions to hot frying pan and sauté until softened.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes then add to the softened onions. Cook until tomatoes are tender. (See the 2nd picture).
- Beat the eggs with the hot sauce, salt and pepper then add to the frying pan, stirring to blend with the tomatoes & onions.
- Let cook slightly, then gently scramble until eggs are cooked. I like large pieces of egg when I scramble.
Note: Serve with potatoes that have been boiled. Slice the unpeeled potatoes into 1/2" slices and boil until tender with 3 whole garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper flakes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, Food.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015