Portuguese Simple (Beira Alta) Biscuits Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Cookies
Mar 28, 2018
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
2 and 1/4 lbs of flour2 cups of sugar6 eggs1 cup of milk1/2 cup of olive oil3 tablespoons of brandy1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon of baking soda
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well, make a hole in the middle and add the remaining ingredients and mix until the consistency is a bit hard.
- Add spoonfuls on the baking sheet dusted with flour (keep them separated because they will get bigger).
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven, brush them with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon (to taste).
You Might Also Like These