Portuguese Madeira Sauce Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesFri, Mar 30, 2018
3 out of 5 with 12 ratings
Views: 14032 - Comments 0
1 cup beef stock1 tablespoon flour1 cup madeira wine1 onion2 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced2 tablespoons butterSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop the onions and fry in butter, once softened, add the mushrooms, and fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour, gradually add the stock and mix well.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Madeira wine in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roast meat or steak.
Recipe & Photo Credit: diner524, geniuskitchen.com