|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Madeira sauce is a rich and flavorful sauce made with Madeira wine, beef broth, mushrooms, and seasonings.
Madeira sauce can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. It can also be frozen for later use. It is a versatile sauce that can be used to enhance the flavor of a variety of dishes, from roasted meats to vegetables and pasta.
- Chop the onions and fry in butter, once softened, add the mushrooms, and fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour, gradually add the stock and mix well.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Madeira wine in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roast meat or steak.