Portuguese Madeira Sauce Recipe
Posted in: SidesFri, Mar 30, 2018
3 out of 5 with 14 ratings
Views: 17041 - Comments 1
Madeira sauce is a rich and flavorful sauce made with Madeira wine, beef broth, mushrooms, and seasonings.
Madeira sauce can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. It can also be frozen for later use. It is a versatile sauce that can be used to enhance the flavor of a variety of dishes, from roasted meats to vegetables and pasta.
1 cup beef stock1 tablespoon flour1 cup madeira wine1 onion2 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced2 tablespoons butterSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop the onions and fry in butter, once softened, add the mushrooms, and fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle in the flour, gradually add the stock and mix well.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Madeira wine in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roast meat or steak.
Recipe Credit: diner524, geniuskitchen.com
Anna Nason - 2 Months ago
I love every one of the recipes I can't make all of them but I do try to this one here is very good nice beef sauce to put over steak thank you for the recipes I appreciate them
[reply] (+0) (-0)