Portuguese piri-piri chicken is a delicious traditional dish and one of the most recognized dishes throughout our cuisine.
1 1/2 lb chicken, cut in 6 to 8 pieces1/8 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of chili paste1/8 cup of white wine1/2 teaspoon of salt1/4 teaspoon of black pepper1 teaspoon of sweet paprika4 garlic cloves, minced2 bay leaves3 tablespoons of piri-piri sauceGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together, the chili paste, white wine, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic cloves, bay leaves and 1 tablespoon of the piri-piri sauce (the other 2 tablespoons are for dipping)..
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix it well so it is all coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning occasionally (it can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to prepare it in advance).
- Keep the marinade when you remove the chicken and place the chicken skin side down on a greased grill over medium heat, close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush the chicken with the marinade and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until well browned.
- Once done, serve with the remaining 2 tablespoons of piri-piri sauce in a small bowl for dipping on the side.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Wait, are you saying to serve the piri piri sauce, that you had the raw chicken in, for dipping??
9 months ago, Wednesday, October 13, 2021