Portuguese Piri-Piri Chicken Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Apr 4, 2018
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 1/2 lb chicken, cut in 6 to 8 pieces1/8 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of chili paste1/8 cup of white wine1/2 teaspoon of salt1/4 teaspoon of black pepper1 teaspoon of sweet paprika4 garlic cloves, minced2 bay leaves3 tablespoons of piri-piri sauce
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together, the chili paste, white wine, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic cloves, bay leaves, 1 tablespoon of the piri-piri sauce and mix well.
- Add the chicken, mix it well in the sauce so it is all coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning occasionally (it can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to prepare it in advance).
- Keep the marinade when you remove the chicken and place the chicken skin side down on a greased grill over medium heat, close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush the chicken with the marinade and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until well browned.
- Once done, serve with the remaining 2 tablespoons of piri-piri sauce in a bowl for dipping on the side.