Portuguese Chouriço Sausage Buns Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Apr 9, 2018
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
4 cups of flour2 sachets of dry yeast1 chouriço sausage1 teaspoon of coarse salt1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
- In a bowl, place the flour, yeast and salt and mix everything.
- Pour the lukewarm water and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rise for about an hour.
- Remove the skin from the chouriço and cut it into thin slices.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F.
- Place the dough into a floured surface.
- Sprinkle with more flour and knead for a few minutes.
- Take small portions of dough and flatten it to form a rectangle.
- Place chouriço slices on top, wrap it / roll it.
- Lightly cut the tops of the buns and arrange them in a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Leave the buns spaced between eachother.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
You Might Also Like These