This Portuguese smoked pork shank roasted in the oven with smashed potatoes recipe (receita de pernil de porco fumado assado no forno com batatinhas a murro) is easy to prepare and delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 smoked pork shank (for 3 people)15 small potatoesOlive oil (to taste)10 cloves of garlic, chopped1 tablespoon of honey1 red bell pepperChopped dry parsley (to taste)1/2 cup of white wine1 tablespoon of coarse salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the shank in a pressure cooker with water for 35 min and once done, drain the water.
- Cook the potatoes with the skin in a saucepan with salt and water.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
- Wrap the potatoes in a cloth, punch to smash them a bit and arrange them in a baking safe Pirex.
- Place the shank in the center.
- Drizzle with olive oil to your liking, add the crushed garlic cloves over the potatoes as well as the parsley and the pepper and drizzle with the wine.
- Brush the pork loin with the honey and roast at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 50 to 60 minutes and once in a while, using a tablespoon, pour some of the juices from the bottom of the Pirex dish over the pork and potatoes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.
In this video we go on an EPIC food tour around Lisbon, which is perhaps the most beautiful city in Europe.
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.