Portuguese Style Fish Chowder Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodThu, Apr 12, 2018
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
Views: 19041 - Comments 0
1 bay leaf4 garlic cloves, chopped2 onions, diced1 green bell pepper, diced1 teaspoon of paprika2 lbs of potatoes4 cups of chicken, fish, or vegetable stock2 cups of canned tomatoes2 chouriço sausages, sliced1/2 cup of olive oilSalt and pepper (to taste)2 lbs of skinless fillets of white fish1/4 cup of chopped cilantro2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsleyBread for dipping Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil, bay leaf, and chopped garlic cloves.
- Add the onions, diced bell pepper, and paprika and saute until the onions are browned slightly while stirring.
- Add the stock and potatoes and turn up the heat.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the tomatoes and sliced chourico, let it simmer for about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add the whole fillets of fish and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cilantro while stirring slowly and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and let it cool for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with some bread to dip.
Recipe & Photo Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com