Serve these grilled Portuguese horse mackerel recipe (carapau grilhado) with a salad or some cooked vegetables.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
6 fresh carapau (horse mackerel)SaltOlive oil1 lemon (optional)Parsley (optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Rinse the carapau under cool water to remove any loose scales and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place fish in a tray before seasoning.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and set aside while you get the grill ready.
- Clean and oil the cooking grate.
- Build a hot fire for grilling using wood or charcoal, wait until the fire has died down to red hot coals before cooking over them.
- Lay the carapau (mackerel) on the oiled grill grate and cook for 4-10 minutes each side, depending on how big the fish are.
- When the mackerel are fully cooked, they will be firm and the meat inside will be opaque.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle with parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Everyone does not have a strong culinary background. In this article, you will find essential culinary tips and tactics that you can put to use right away, whether you're a newbie chef or a seasoned professional...
Portugal is one of the world's most beautiful countries! From boating on the Algarve Coast to exploring the castles of Sintra, Portugal offers so much variety to experience and witness! Where is your favorite place...
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.