Portuguese Roasted Chicken with Beer & Lemon Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesThu, Apr 19, 2018
4 out of 5 with 13 ratings
1 whole chicken4 cloves of garlic1 tablespoon of ground mild pepper1 teaspoon of fine herbs1 bay leaf1/2 cup of olive oil1 cup of beerPiri piri sauce (to taste)A pinch of salt1 lemon1 cube of knorr chicken broth1 1/2 tablespoons of margarine * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- Wash the chicken, place it on a tray and put aside.
- In a bowl, place the finely chopped peeled garlic cloves, mild pepper, fine herbs, bay leaf, olive oil, beer, piri piri sauce and salt.
- Mix everything and rub it all over the chicken (outside and inside), also place inside the chicken broth cube and three slices of lemon.
- Finally add the juice of the other 1/2 of the lemon over the chicken and spread the margarine cut in cubes.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour turning it occasionally or until it's cooked and golden brown.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!