Portuguese Bean Rice with Clams Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Apr 20, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 1/2 lbs clams with shells1/2 cup of white wine3 tablespoons of olive oil3 tablespoons of tomato paste2 tablespoons of chopped parsley1 small can of red beans1 onion3 garlic cloves1 cup of rice2 cups of water
- Place the clams in salted water to loosen the sand and let it stand for about 2 hours.
- In a pan, add the clams (drained and washed) and add the wine.
- Cover the pan and cook until the clams open.
- Remove 3/4 of the clams from the shell and put the others aside, also put the broth aside.
- In another pan, add the olive oil, the onion and garlic cloves (both chopped), and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste, the broth from cooking the clams and the chopped parsley. Then, add the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the rice and season with salt and pepper.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the beans and the clams with shell and without.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These