Portuguese Bean Rice with Clams Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Apr 20, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 1/2 lbs clams with shells1/2 cup of white wine3 tablespoons of olive oil3 tablespoons of tomato paste2 tablespoons of chopped parsley1 small can of red beans1 onion3 garlic cloves1 cup of rice2 cups of water Get these ingredients & more
- Place the clams in salted water to loosen the sand and let it stand for about 2 hours.
- In a pan, add the clams (drained and washed) and add the wine.
- Cover the pan and cook until the clams open.
- Remove 3/4 of the clams from the shell and put the others aside, also put the broth aside.
- In another pan, add the olive oil, the onion and garlic cloves (both chopped), and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste, the broth from cooking the clams and the chopped parsley. Then, add the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the rice and season with salt and pepper.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the beans and the clams with shell and without.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like These