4 out of 5 with 33 ratings
comments: 6 - views: 49305
This Portuguese bean soup with linguiça sausage (sopa de feijão com linguiça) is very hearty and full of flavor.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||2 h 30 min|
|Ready In||3 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of spicy Portuguese sausage (linguiça or chouriço)1 pound of ham hocks1 onion, sliced2 liters of water2 carrots, diced3 potatoes, diced1 small cabbage, chopped1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce2 (15 ounce) cans of kidney beans1 (16 ounce) package of macaroni Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large pot over low heat, add the sausage, ham hocks, onion and water and cover and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove ham hock from soup, tear into small pieces, and return the meat to the pot.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes, cabbage and tomato sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking 60 to 90 minutes more.
- Stir in the beans and pasta (add more water as needed), and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: dewny, allrecipes.com
Plan to make it tomorrow. Thanks
1 year ago, Wednesday, May 11, 2022