This Portuguese bean soup with linguiça sausage (sopa de feijão com linguiça) is very hearty and full of flavor.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||2 h 30 min|
|Ready In||3 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of spicy Portuguese sausage (linguiça or chouriço)1 pound of ham hocks1 onion, sliced2 liters of water2 carrots, diced3 potatoes, diced1 small cabbage, chopped1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce2 (15 ounce) cans of kidney beans1 (16 ounce) package of macaroni Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large pot over low heat, add the sausage, ham hocks, onion and water and cover and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove ham hock from soup, tear into small pieces, and return the meat to the pot.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes, cabbage and tomato sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking 60 to 90 minutes more.
- Stir in the beans and pasta (add more water as needed), and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
Plan to make it tomorrow. Thanks
1 year ago, Wednesday, May 11, 2022
You might also like:
What is Cincinnati chili? Cincinnati chili is a type of chili that originated in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. It is a unique style of chili that differs from traditional Texas-style chili.
Our Lady of Fátima, formally known as Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Fátima, is a Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on the Marian apparitions reported in 1917 by three shepherd children at the Cova da...
Here is Tia Maria's easy recipe for CALDO VERDE using Kale as a substitute.