Portuguese Double Chocolate Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesThu, Apr 26, 2018
4 out of 5 with 13 ratings
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar well, mix in the oil and beat some more.
- Add the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour, whisking, alternately adding the flour and the cup of boiling water.
- If the batter begins to get too thick, beat well with a wooden spoon, add the 1 tablespoon of vinegar and mix well.
- Lastly, add the beaten egg whites and the half cup of chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 45 minutes.