This Portuguese double chocolate cake (bolo de chocolate) is amazing and makes a great snack or dessert.
6 eggs, whites and yolks seperated2 cups of sugar2 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 cup of oil1 tablespoon of vinegar1 cup of boiling water½ cup of chocolate chips½ cup of cocoa powderGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar well, mix in the oil and beat some more.
- Add the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour, whisking, alternately adding the flour and the cup of boiling water.
- If the batter begins to get too thick, beat well with a wooden spoon, add the 1 tablespoon of vinegar and mix well.
- Lastly, add the beaten egg whites and the half cup of chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 45 minutes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.