This Portuguese double chocolate cake (bolo de chocolate) is amazing and makes a great snack or dessert.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 eggs, whites and yolks seperated2 cups of sugar2 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 cup of oil1 tablespoon of vinegar1 cup of boiling water½ cup of chocolate chips½ cup of cocoa powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar well, mix in the oil and beat some more.
- Add the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour, whisking, alternately adding the flour and the cup of boiling water.
- If the batter begins to get too thick, beat well with a wooden spoon, add the 1 tablespoon of vinegar and mix well.
- Lastly, add the beaten egg whites and the half cup of chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 45 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese holy ghost soup (sopas do espírito santo) in this video with Michael Santos.
Do you want to increase your abilities to cook meals? You can make arrangements for your class while on vacation. Cooking lessons are available for holidaymakers to take advantage of. This course will teach you how...
Great tips for when visiting Lisbon Portugal! (FULL Travel Guide).
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
Watch this step by step video from DIYwithnancyg on how to make this Portuguese style shrimp recipe (receita de camarão).
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.