Portuguese Molotof Flan (Pudding) Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Apr 28, 2018
3 out of 5 with 40 ratings
2 cups of sugar1 cup of water8 egg whites16 tablespoons sugar Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a saucepan, heat the water and the 2 cups of sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Cook on high until it caramelizes into a syrup, when it starts browning, remove from the heat.
- Pour the caramel into a bowl and set it aside.
- In a flan mold, grease the mold with some spray oil or butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- In a blender, place the egg whites and beat until they are light and creamy.
- Add the 16 tablespoons of sugar gradually during the process of beating the egg whites.
- Beat them until they are even and consistent.
- Add the egg whites to the greased flan mold.
- Cook it in a water bath for about 25 minutes until it has become golden brown on the top.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Quickly remove the flan from the mold and cover it with the caramel syrup you did before.