Portuguese Sweet Potato & Coconut Cake Recipe
Posted in: CakesSun, Apr 29, 2018
3 out of 5 with 46 ratings
Views: 23743 - Comments 0
1 lb of sweet potato puree3 medium eggs5 tablespoons of softened butter1 and 1/4 cups of flour1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of coconut milk3/4 cup of grated coconut1 tablespoon of vanilla extract1 tablespoon of baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a blender, beat the egg yolks, butter, sugar and coconut milk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl, add the vanilla extract, sweet potato puree, grated coconut, flour and stir with a wire whisk until well mixed.
- Beat the egg whites and gently add to the batter.
- Finally, add the baking powder and mix well.
- Grease a cake form and sprinkle with flour, pour the batter into it and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C or 350°C for about 40 minutes or until goden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool and unmold.
Recipe & Photo Credit: omelhorrestaurantedomundo.com *