Portuguese Orange & Butter Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesSat, May 5, 2018
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
6 eggs1 and 1/2 cups of sugar¾ cup of salted butter, softenedZest from 2 oranges¾ cup of natural orange juice2 and 1/4 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 cake form, 24 cm in diameter, greased with butter, lined with parchment paper on the bottom, greased again and sprinkled with flour * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 175°C or 345°F.
- Split the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- In a bowl, add the yolks, orange zest and sugar.
- Beat it until well mixed.
- Add the softened butter and beat until creamy.
- Beat the egg whites well.
- To the egg yolks mixture, add alternately the orange juice, flour, baking powder and egg whites.
- Mix everything carefully with a spoon.
- Put the batter into the cake form.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let it cool and unmold.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!