Portuguese Orange & Butter Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesFri, May 4, 2018
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 12986 - Comments 0
6 eggs1 and 1/2 cups of sugar¾ cup of salted butter, softenedZest from 2 oranges¾ cup of natural orange juice2 and 1/4 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 cake form, 24 cm in diameter, greased with butter, lined with parchment paper on the bottom, greased again and sprinkled with flour Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 175°C or 345°F.
- Split the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- In a bowl, add the yolks, orange zest and sugar.
- Beat it until well mixed.
- Add the softened butter and beat until creamy.
- Beat the egg whites well.
- To the egg yolks mixture, add alternately the orange juice, flour, baking powder and egg whites.
- Mix everything carefully with a spoon.
- Put the batter into the cake form.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let it cool and unmold.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa, saborintenso.com *