This amazing Portuguese cream and coconut pudding recipe (receita de pudim de natas e limão) is very easy to prepare and makes a heavenly dessert.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 eggs (yolks and whites separated)1 cup of heavy cream1 cup of milk1 tablespoon margarine1 and ½ cups sugar3 tablespoons of flour1 and 1/2 cups of grated coconutZest from 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a mixer, beat the egg whites until firm and put aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, the cream, the milk, the margarine, the sugar, the flour and the grated coconut.
- Mix in the egg whites and lemon zest and pour into a caramelized pudding pan.
- Cover with foil and tie it up to prevent water from entering.
- Place the pudding form in a pressure cooker, with water covering half of the pudding pan.
- Cook for about 25 minutes after the pressure cooker has pressure.
- Wait until it releases the pressure and the water to cool before removing the pudding pan.
- Remove the pudding, let it cool and unmold.
- Serve cold.
Does the coconut rise to the top to form a base?
1 year ago, Monday, October 24, 2022
You might also like:
With Portuguese haute cuisine, the world's gourmet dining experience has become significantly more diverse, and it would take an entire cookbook to list and describe all of the dishes available.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese roasted pumpkin seeds.
This list of the top 5 most popular seafood recipes is put together using the amount of views on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook With Michael Santos shows you how to make a popular and delicious Portuguese chicken soup (Canja).
How to make a caldeirada de peixe with Angela Castro, a traditional Portuguese fish stew that is popular in coastal regions of Portugal, particularly in the Algarve and Lisbon.
What wine should I have with my food? Here are some tried and true food and wine pairings.