Portuguese Cream & Coconut Pudding Recipe
Posted in: DessertsSat, May 5, 2018
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 17353 - Comments 2
This amazing Portuguese cream and coconut pudding recipe (receita de pudim de natas e limão) is very easy to prepare and makes a heavenly dessert.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 eggs (yolks and whites separated)1 cup of heavy cream1 cup of milk1 tablespoon margarine1 and ½ cups sugar3 tablespoons of flour1 and 1/2 cups of grated coconutZest from 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a mixer, beat the egg whites until firm and put aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, the cream, the milk, the margarine, the sugar, the flour and the grated coconut.
- Mix in the egg whites and lemon zest and pour into a caramelized pudding pan.
- Cover with foil and tie it up to prevent water from entering.
- Place the pudding form in a pressure cooker, with water covering half of the pudding pan.
- Cook for about 25 minutes after the pressure cooker has pressure.
- Wait until it releases the pressure and the water to cool before removing the pudding pan.
- Remove the pudding, let it cool and unmold.
- Serve cold.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasnota10.com *
Member since Oct 1, 2015