This quick, easy and delicious Portuguese apple cake (bolo de maçã) is perfect for everything, from the brunch table, to an afternoon snack.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
7 large apples1 cup of sugar6 eggs½ cup of milk2 and ½ cups of flourJuice and zest of a lemon¾ cup of butter Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Peel the apples, remove the seeds and cut them into small pieces.
- Aromatize the apple with lemon juice so it does not get dark.
- Beat the sugar very well with the butter, add the lemon zest the egg yolks and mix well.
- Add the milk and flour then add the beaten egg whites and mix.
- Add half of the apples cut into small pieces to the preparation.
- Pour the prepared batter into a round cake pan with removable bottom, greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Add the remaining chopped apples on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.