If you like cod, you will love this Portuguese baked cod with mayonnaise and mashed potatoes recipe (receita de bacalhau no forno com maionese).
4 cod pieces (1 per person)Milk (to taste)1 bay leaf1 large onion3 cloves of garlic1 cup of olive oil½ cup of mayonnaiseMashed potatoes1 egg yolk* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cook the cod in the milk and put aside.
- Cut the onions into slices, chop the garlic and add to the olive oil with the bay leaf, cook until the onion begins to brown.
- Add to the onion about 5 tablespoons milk from baking the cod and season with salt and pepper.
- When boiling, boil for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Preheated the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Put some of the onion mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the baked cod pieces on top of the onion mixture.
- Place the rest of the onion on top of the cod pieces and top it off with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Place the mashed potatoes on one side of the baking dish and brush with the egg yolk.
- Bake until gratinated, about 30 minutes.