Portuguese Cornucópias with Lemon Cream Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSun, May 6, 2018
4 out of 5 with 13 ratings
1 large rectangular puff pastry1 and ½ cups of milk½ cup of sugarPeel from 1 lemon2 tablespoons of flour2 tablespoons of cornstarch3 egg yolksPowder sugar (to taste)Ground cinnamon (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Boil 1 cup of milk with half the sugar and the lemon peel.
- In a pan, add the remaining sugar with the flour and cornstarch, the remaining milk and mix, then add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Pour the hot milk into the mixture stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil until it is thick.
- Remove the lemon peel from the preparation and transfer the mixture to another container.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and make sure it sticks to the cream top so it doesn't create a crust and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Cut the puff pastry rectangle in 2 to 3cm strips in a lengthwise direction.
- Grease the pastry cone molds with oil.
- Roll the pastry around the molds, overlapping a little.
- Place the cone molds on a tray lined with non-stick vegetable paper, with the top facing down and bake until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and while still warm, unmold the pastry from the molds but be careful.
- Place previously prepared cream in a pastry bag with a mouthpiece and fill the cones.
- Arrange the cornucopias on a serving plate and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar to taste.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!