These Portuguese Loures region cookies (bolachas típicas da região de Loures) are simple to make, aromatic and very appetizing.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
½ cup of sugar1 and ¼ cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder1 pinch of cinnamon2 eggsLemon zest (to taste)Margarine, to grease the trays Get Portuguese ingredients
This recipe makes about 30 cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar, continuing to beat until very creamy.
- Add the flour, add the baking powder, cinnamon and the lemon zest.
- With a teaspoon, arrange morsels (small ammounts of dough) in the trays greased with margarine and leave space between each one.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese holy ghost soup (sopas do espírito santo) in this video with Michael Santos.
The oldest known book on Portuguese cuisine, entitled Livro de Cozinha da Infanta D. Maria de Portugal, from the 16th century, describes many popular medieval dishes of meat, fish, poultry and others.
The best seafood restaurant in Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal is Mercado do Peixe, it is located at Av. Infante D. Henrique, nº 15, Ponta Delgada.