Portuguese Flame Grilled Sausage (Chouriço a Bombeiro) Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Oct 29, 2015
4 out of 5 with 14 ratings
1 Whole Linquica or Chouriço Sausage2 – 4 oz Whole grain – Alcohol (Preferably Portuguese)1 Clay Piglet - Assador de ChouricoLong fireplace matches
Get food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Wash and dry the Chouriço with paper towels. Place 2 oz of Alcohol in the bottom of the dish.
- Make a few cuts into the top of the Chouriço and place on cooking dish.
- Light a match and slowly light the alcohol.
- Let the flames cook the Chouriço until crispy. *Caution* Do not touch flames
- Turn the Chourico over to cook the other side if desired.
- If the flames die out before the Chouriço is cooked, start the process over!
- Remove the Chouriço onto a serving plate and serve in slices.
- Serve with Portuguese crusty bread or papo-secos.