|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Portuguese Salada Russa, also known as Russian Salad, is a popular salad dish in Portugal that is typically served as a side dish or as a light meal. It is made with a combination of boiled potatoes, carrots, and peas, mixed with diced ham, pickles, and mayonnaise.
To prepare the dish, the vegetables are boiled until they are tender but still firm, then diced into small cubes. The ham and pickles are also diced into small pieces, and the mayonnaise is added to the mixture to bind everything together.
Some variations of the dish may include other ingredients such as hard-boiled eggs, olives, or canned tuna. Salada Russa is typically served cold and can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish with grilled meats, sandwiches, or other Portuguese dishes.
- Cook the potatoes, peas and carrots and drain the water, once cooler, remove the skin and cut the potatoes in small pieces.
- Put the potatoes, peas and carrots in a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Cook and peel the shrimp, cook the seafood mix and and put both aside.
- Boil the eggs and put aside.
- Drain the tuna and seperate it lightly with the fork, add to the potato and vegetable mixture and then add the shrimp and the package of seafood mix.
- Finally, cut the eggs in small pieces (put 2 aside to garnish), and add to the potato mixture, add the olive oil, mayonnaise to taste and mix everything well.
- Cut the remaining 2 eggs (to taste) and garnish.