These flavorful Portuguese spare ribs with red wine (entrecosto com vinho tinto) make a delicious weeknight dinner, serve with baked potatoes.
2 lbs of spare ribs1 onion, cut in rings5 cloves of garlic2 tablespoons of lard or vegetable shortening1/2 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of red wine2 bay leaves2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 bell pepper, choppedSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut the ribs into strips.
- Place the onion rings in the bottom of a pyrex dish and place the ribs on top.
- Add the chopped garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, bell pepper, lard or vegetable shortening, olive oil and tomato paste, mix everything well and then add the red wine.
- Mix the preparation very well again and place it in the oven at 250ºC, covered with aluminum foil and cook it for about 30 minutes.
- At the end of this time, remove the aluminum foil, if necessary add a little water.
- Lower the temperature to 210°C and cook for another 15 minutes or until cooked.
Please Leave a Comment
There are no comments for this recipe.