These flavorful Portuguese spare ribs with red wine (entrecosto com vinho tinto) make a delicious weeknight dinner, serve with baked potatoes.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of spare ribs1 onion, cut in rings5 cloves of garlic2 tablespoons of lard or vegetable shortening1/2 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of red wine2 bay leaves2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 bell pepper, choppedSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the ribs into strips.
- Place the onion rings in the bottom of a pyrex dish and place the ribs on top.
- Add the chopped garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, bell pepper, lard or vegetable shortening, olive oil and tomato paste, mix everything well and then add the red wine.
- Mix the preparation very well again and place it in the oven at 250ºC, covered with aluminum foil and cook it for about 30 minutes.
- At the end of this time, remove the aluminum foil, if necessary add a little water.
- Lower the temperature to 210°C and cook for another 15 minutes or until cooked.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make a easy Portuguese white wine sangria, a delightful and refreshing cocktail that combines the bright and crisp flavors of white wine with an array of fresh fruits and a touch of sweetness.
Is French toast and rabanadas (Portuguese version) the same and who came up with it first, the French or the Portuguese?
Influenced by Mediterranean cuisine, Portuguese fare heavily relies on seafood. From crispy whole sardines to dried and salted cod, these are the dishes to try in Lisbon and beyond.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
Ponta Delgada, Portuguese for 'thin point', is the largest municipality and administrative capital of the Autonomous Region of the Azores in Portugal located on the south coast of São Miguel Island, the largest and...
If you are travelling to Madeira Island, you have to watch this amazing Madeira food tour.