You will fall in love with the simplicity, flavor and texture of this orange cake with orange curd topping (bolo de laranja com cobertura de curd de laranja).
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:1 whole orangeJuice of 2 oranges1 and ¼ cups of sugar4 eggs¼ cup of oil1 small natural yogurt2 and ½ cups of flour2 teaspoons of baking powderVanilla extract (to taste)Orange Curd Topping:Juice of 2 oranges½ cup of sugar¼ cup of butter2 eggs1 tablespoon of cornstarchVanilla extract (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Remove the peel from the orange, cut it into pieces, place it in a mixer, add the juice from another orange (1) and blend it well.
- Add the sugar to the mixture, the eggs and beat well with the mixer.
- Add the oil, the yogurt and continue to beat.
- Add the flour with the baking powder, the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Place the batter in a greased and sprinkled with flour cake pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (test the toothpick to make sur eit's cooked).
- Once cooked, let it cool slightly and drizzle with the juice of the other orange.
Orange Curd Topping:
- In a pyrex bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the juice, the vanilla extract and the cornstarch and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the butter and bring to the boil in a water bath, stirring constantly until thick.
- Let it cool, place it in the refrigerator until cold and spread it on top of the cake.
Hi Eddy, In the instructions; remove the peel from the orange, cut it into pieces… about what size pieces? And also, can I put some grated peel into the batter?
9 months ago, Thursday, April 21, 2022