Portuguese Coconut Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
May 17, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
3 cups of water1 cup of sugar2 cloves2 cups of shredded coconut6 egg yolks, beaten1 pinch of salt
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Add the water, sugar and cloves to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, remove the cloves and throw them out and stir in the coconut.
- Return the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, for another 10 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs yolks and a pinch of salt with a whisker in a bowl until smooth and lightened in color.
- Slowly add a small amount of the coconut mixture into the egg yolks then beat the egg yolks into the remaining coconut mixture.
- Return the saucepan to the heat (low) and cook, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Make sure not to overheat your pudding or it may curdle.
- Once done, serve warm in dessert bowls.
- You may also serve them chilled after letting them cool in the refrigerator for about an hour.