Portuguese Fruit Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
May 19, 2018
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Cake:1 large can of fruit salad1 and 1/2 cups of sugar3 whole eggs2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderTopping:1/2 cup of butter1 hand full of sugar1 hand full of grated coconut¾ cup of heavy cream Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Open the can of fruit and drain it.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well with the sugar until creamy, then add the flour and baking powder slowly while stirring until it gets thicker.
- Finally, add the fruit and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
- Put the batter in a greased with butter and sprinkled with flour cake pan and bake until golden brown (about 40 minutes).
- On a small pan, melt the butter, add the sugar and stir a little, then add the coconut and the cream, stirring constantly until boiling.
- When the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven, do the toothpick test to make sure it's cooked, let it cool and unmold.
- Place the cake on a serving dish and pour the topping mixture over it.