Portuguese Roasted Cod with Milk Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesMon, May 21, 2018
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
4 cod steaks 1 lb of potatoes1 and 1/4 cups of olive oil 2 cups of milk6 cloves of garlic 4 tablespoons of butterBlack pepper (to taste)Peppercorns (to taste)Parsley with stems (to taste)Salt (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Once you have soaked the cod in water, put it in a container with the milk, cover the container and put it in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours (remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before cooking).
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340°F.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes.
- Peel the garlic, crush it and chop it.
- Arrange the parsley on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a pan, put the peppercorns and cod with the skin up, but do not overlap (if necessary, repeat this step).
- Cover the cod with the milk, cook over medium heat without boiling. Before it comes to a boil, remove the cod and place it on the baking dish over the parsley still keeping the skin up.
- At this stage season the milk on the pan you cooked the cod with salt, add the potatoes and cook over medium heat.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked but not there yet, put them around the codfish in the baking dish.
- Add about half of the milk from the pan to the baking dish.
- Add the garlic around the cod and potatoes and the olive oil mostly over the cod.
- Spread the butter over the cod steaks and sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (you don't want the cod to get to dry).
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!