Portuguese Grilled Limpets with Garlic Butter Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 29, 2015
4 out of 5 with 26 ratings
Limpets (to taste)Garlic (to taste)Unsalted butter (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste)
Get food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Chop the garlic and crush with a mortar and pestle.
- Wash the limpets, open them and detach the mollusk with the point of a knife.
- Place the open shells in a ribbed iron grill pan.
- Place a little garlic and a small piece of unsalted butter onto each one (salted butter will toughen them).
- Place under the broiler for a few seconds and remove as soon as the butter starts to sizzle.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and enjoy.
As served at Dom Pepe in São Martinho