This very tasty Portuguese onion cod recipe (receita de bacalhau de cebolada) is easy to make, serve with boiled potatoes.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 thin cod steaks2 onions, cut in rings3 cloves of garlic, choppedOlive oil (to taste)1 bay leafSalt (to taste)Ground pepper (to taste)1/2 glass of white wineFlour (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Put some flour (to taste) on a plate, place the cod pieces on it one at a time and turn them to and make sure both sides are covered.
- Over medium heat, cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, once hot, fry the cod, remove from the skillet and put aside.
- On the same skillet, add the onion rings, chopped garlic, salt (if necessary), ground pepper, bay leaf and cook until the onion is golden brown.
- Drizzle with the white wine and leave it simmering until the wine evaporates.
- Place the cod on a serving dish and place the onions on top.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Potatoes are one of the most delicious vegetables on the planet. We like them cooked, and we also like them fried as potato chips. Have you ever considered that potatoes are useful for a variety of purposes other...
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
Portugal has an oversized history, fascinating culture, and boatloads of sardines.