|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Portuguese lemon pudding, also known as "pudim de limão", is a traditional dessert in Portugal. It is a creamy and smooth dessert with a tangy lemon flavor, similar to a custard or flan. The pudding is typically made with eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and condensed milk, and is often served with whipped cream or fresh fruit on top.
Portuguese lemon pudding is a simple and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It can be enjoyed as a refreshing summer treat or as a comforting dessert during the cooler months.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a pan put the milk and lemon zest, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Caramelize the sugar and spread it over the pudding form.
- In a blender, beat the condensed milk, the eggs and the milk with the lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into the caramelized pudding form and bake in a water bath for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Unmold once cold and garnish with lemon zest (to taste).