Portuguese Style Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, May 29, 2018
4 out of 5 with 14 ratings
Base:1 pack of maria biscuits1/2 cup of butterCream:1 cup of cream cheese1 and 3/4 cups of heavy cream1 cup of sugar6 sheets of gelatinTopping:5 tablespoons of strawberry jam6 tablespoons of water1 sheet of gelatin * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Put the heavy cream in the freezer 20 minutes before using it.
- Let the cream cheese soften slightly at room temperature before using it.
- Grind the biscuits in a chopper until it turns into flour, add the melted butter and knead well with your hands.
- Grease a removable rim mold (23 cm in diameter) with margarine, line the bottom with the biscuit/butter mixture and refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the gelatin sheets in a little cold water, for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the heavy cream until it turns into a whipped cream and put aside.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the sugar and then the whipped cream and mix well.
- Dissolve the gelatin sheets and add them to the previous preparation, mixing it well.
- Remove the mold with the biscuit base from the refrigerator, put the cream mixture in it and refrigerate it for about 5 hours.
- Place the sheet of gelatine in water, heat a pot with the 5 tablespoons of strawberry jam and the 6 tablespoons of water stirring very well until it dissolves.
- Then add the soaked gelatin and stir it to dissolve completely.
- Let it cool a little and with the help of a spoon, place this topping on the cheesecake and put it back in the refrigerator.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!