This Portuguese tuna pie recipe (receita de empadão de atum) is a cheap and delicious meal to make.
Rice: 3 cups of waterSalt (to taste)4 tablespoons of olive oil2 cups of riceFilling:2 onions, chopped4 cloves of garlic, choppedOlive oil (to taste)2 ripe tomatoes, chopped1 green bell pepper, chopped4 cans of tunaBreadcrumbs, for sprinklingGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cook the rice and put it on the bottom of a pyrex dish.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a large saucepan with olive oil to taste, sautee the garlic and the onion.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper and season it with salt.
- Finally, add the tuna and let it cook for a few minutes, without letting it dry to much.
- Then place this stuffing on top of the rice in the pyrex dish, sprinkle it with breadcrumbs and put it in the oven until golden brown.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.