This Portuguese tuna pie recipe (receita de empadão de atum) is a cheap and delicious meal to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Rice: 3 cups of waterSalt (to taste)4 tablespoons of olive oil2 cups of riceFilling:2 onions, chopped4 cloves of garlic, choppedOlive oil (to taste)2 ripe tomatoes, chopped1 green bell pepper, chopped4 cans of tunaBreadcrumbs, for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the rice and put it on the bottom of a pyrex dish.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a large saucepan with olive oil to taste, sautee the garlic and the onion.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper and season it with salt.
- Finally, add the tuna and let it cook for a few minutes, without letting it dry to much.
- Then place this stuffing on top of the rice in the pyrex dish, sprinkle it with breadcrumbs and put it in the oven until golden brown.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make 1 loaf of Portuguese sweet bread, also known as Massa Sovada, is a traditional and beloved baked treat that originates from Portugal.
Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos, shows you how to make this delicious Terceira Island alcatra clay pot roast from Uma Casa Restaurant.
Do you want to know how to select the best beef for your cooking needs? Read on. Whatever method you choose to prepare the beef you pick, the same requirements apply when selecting the meat.