Portuguese Cod with Chouriço Sausage Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
May 30, 2018
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
3 cod filets4 cloves of garlic, chopped1/3 of a cornbread1/2 of a chouriço sausage1 red bell pepper, cut in strips1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips1 and 3/4 lbs of new potatoesSalt (to taste)Olive Oil (to taste)Black Pepper (to taste)Parsley (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Cook the whole potatoes with the skin in salted water.
- Drain, cut in half and set aside.
- Put the cod slices in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil until the cod starts to flake.
- Drain and shred the cod with your hands, removing skins and bones and put aside.
- Meanwhile, on a frying pan with olive oil, sautee the garlic, add the peppers, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened.
- In a food processor, add the bread and choriço sausage in pieces and chop to the size of your liking.
- In a baking dish, spread the potatoes cut in half and on top of these, the shredded cod.
- Add the sauteed peppers and drizzle with the oil from the frying pan.
- Finally, spread the bread and chouriço crumb mix and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C or 400°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with a salad of green leaves.