These carrot squares (quadrados de cenoura) are moist and delicious.
Cake:1 lb of peeled carrots2 and 1/2 cups of sugar3 eggs5 tablespoons of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderTopping:2 tablespoons of milk2 tablespoons of butter4 tablespoons of sugar2 tablespoons of chocolate powder2 tablespoons of heavy creamGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cook the carrots and mash them.
- Once the mashed carrots are cold, add the egg yolks and sugar and beat very well.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.
- Then add the flour and baking powder to the carrot mixture and finally the egg whites and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular cake pan greased with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 30 minutes or until done.
- In a pan bring 2 tablespoons of milk to a boil, add the 2 tablespoons of butter, the 4 tablespoons of sugar, the 2 tablespoons chocolate powder and the 2 tablespoons of cream.
- Stir until everything is well dissolved, then pour it on top of the cake and sprinkle granulated chocolate over it.
- Cut the cake in squares and enjoy.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.