These carrot squares (quadrados de cenoura) are moist and delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:1 lb of peeled carrots2 and 1/2 cups of sugar3 eggs5 tablespoons of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderTopping:2 tablespoons of milk2 tablespoons of butter4 tablespoons of sugar2 tablespoons of chocolate powder2 tablespoons of heavy cream Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the carrots and mash them.
- Once the mashed carrots are cold, add the egg yolks and sugar and beat very well.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.
- Then add the flour and baking powder to the carrot mixture and finally the egg whites and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular cake pan greased with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 30 minutes or until done.
- In a pan bring 2 tablespoons of milk to a boil, add the 2 tablespoons of butter, the 4 tablespoons of sugar, the 2 tablespoons chocolate powder and the 2 tablespoons of cream.
- Stir until everything is well dissolved, then pour it on top of the cake and sprinkle granulated chocolate over it.
- Cut the cake in squares and enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese bifanas. This savory pork sandwich with sauteed onions on a crusty papo seco (Portuguese roll) will melt in your mouth.
On this video, chef Rick who was a guest on Spokane Public Library, shows you how to make a delicious Portuguese bean soup.
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
This how to make bolo do caco from Madeira Island cooking video shows you how to make this delicious bread step by step.