Serve these amazing Portuguese pork steaks (bifanas) on a bun or on a plate accompanied by a good salad and white rice.
1 lb of finely sliced bifanas (pork steaks)1/2 cup of olive oil4 cloves of garlic1 onion1 tablespoon of paprikaSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)3 bay leaves3/4 cup of white wine3/4 cup of beer2 tablespoons of Port wine2 tablespoons of Worcestershire saucePepper flakes (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Season the bifanas (steaks) with salt and pepper.
- In a pot with the olive oil, saute the finely chopped onion.
- Add the crushed garlic, bay leaves, paprika and pepper (to taste).
- Add the white wine, port wine, beer, the Worcestershire sauce and add the bifanas.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- At the end, add the lemon juice and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on Portuguese buns or on a plate accompanied by a good salad and white rice.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.