Serve these amazing Portuguese pork steaks (bifanas) on a bun or on a plate accompanied by a good salad and white rice.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of finely sliced bifanas (pork steaks)1/2 cup of olive oil4 cloves of garlic1 onion1 tablespoon of paprikaSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)3 bay leaves3/4 cup of white wine3/4 cup of beer2 tablespoons of Port wine2 tablespoons of Worcestershire saucePepper flakes (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the bifanas (steaks) with salt and pepper.
- In a pot with the olive oil, saute the finely chopped onion.
- Add the crushed garlic, bay leaves, paprika and pepper (to taste).
- Add the white wine, port wine, beer, the Worcestershire sauce and add the bifanas.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- At the end, add the lemon juice and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on Portuguese buns or on a plate accompanied by a good salad and white rice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
Here are 25 highly-rated restaurants in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, based on online ratings and reviews.