Portuguese Bifanas (Pork Steaks) Recipe
- Season the bifanas (steaks) with salt and pepper.
- In a pot with the olive oil, saute the finely chopped onion.
- Add the crushed garlic, bay leaves, paprika and pepper (to taste).
- Add the white wine, port wine, beer, the Worcestershire sauce and add the bifanas.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- At the end, add the lemon juice and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on Portuguese buns or on a plate accompanied by a good salad and white rice.
You Might Also Like These