This Portuguese chickpeas with chouriço recipe is easy to prepare, it's delicious and makes a great meal for two.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of pre-soaked chickpeas, can be canned1 bay leaf3 cloves (from India)1 cube of chicken broth1 finely chopped onion1 clove of garlic, crushed1/2 sliced chouriçoDried thyme (to taste)Chopped parsley (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large saucepan, add the chickpeas, the bay leaf, cloves, chicken stock cube and add enough water to cover all the ingredients and bring to a boil (if you are using uncooked chickpeas, cook for about an hour).
- Drain the chickpeas, discard the bay leaf and cloves.
- In a large skillet with some olive oil, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic, a little dry thyme and raise the temperature .
- Add the chouriço and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the chouriço is cooked.
- Add the chickpeas to the frying pan and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with some chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Everyone knows that sometimes removing the peel from roasted chestnuts can be complicated, here's simple tip to help you make it easier.
Terceira is a volcanic island in the Azores archipelago, in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean.
Ever heard the saying that the cows in the Azores are happy cows? Read this short article to find out why.