Portuguese Chickpeas with Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Jun 12, 2018
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 lb of pre-soaked chickpeas, can be canned1 bay leaf3 cloves (from India)1 cube of chicken broth1 finely chopped onion1 clove of garlic, crushed1/2 sliced chouriçoDried thyme (to taste)Chopped parsley (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)Get these ingredients now
- In a large saucepan, add the chickpeas, the bay leaf, cloves, chicken stock cube and add enough water to cover all the ingredients and bring to a boil (if you are using uncooked chickpeas, cook for about an hour).
- Drain the chickpeas, discard the bay leaf and cloves.
- In a large skillet with some olive oil, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic, a little dry thyme and raise the temperature .
- Add the chouriço and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the chouriço is cooked.
- Add the chickpeas to the frying pan and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with some chopped parsley and remove from the heat.