This Portuguese coconut cake with milk (bolo de coco e leite ensopado) is easy to make and delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:6 eggs1 cup of sugar1 and 1/4 cups of flour1/2 cup of margarine1/2 cup of grated coconut1 teaspoon of baking powderSyrup:1 cup of milk1 tablespoon of sugar Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the melted butter with the sugar, add the yolks, the flour, the coconut and the baking powder, and finally the egg whites (well beaten) and incorporate well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake form and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a fork to prick all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the milk and sugar until the sugar melts and it becomes very hot (don't boil).
- Pour it over the the top of the cake slowly so it soaks in all the syrop.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...
Watch this step by step video from Nancy to learn how to make moist apple cinnamon cake (bolo de maçã com canela úmido).
Portugal is the most western country in Europe and has a fascinating and proud history that can be felt throughout the country. Let's explore some of the fascinating facts and history of Portugal.
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.