Portuguese Moist Coconut & Milk Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesSun, Jun 24, 2018
4 out of 5 with 15 ratings
Cake:6 eggs1 cup of sugar1 and 1/4 cups of flour1/2 cup of margarine1/2 cup of grated coconut1 teaspoon of baking powderSyrup:1 cup of milk1 tablespoon of sugar * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the melted butter with the sugar, add the yolks, the flour, the coconut and the baking powder, and finally the egg whites (well beaten) and incorporate well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake form and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a fork to prick all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the milk and sugar until the sugar melts and it becomes very hot (don't boil).
- Pour it over the the top of the cake slowly so it soaks in all the syrop.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!